HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

Out this weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Martin

PostSubject: Out this weekend?   November 8th 2013, 08:56

Alright chaps, at the moment the tides and weather are looking very favourable for this weekend, with Sunday probably being the better day in terms of smaller tide and lighter winds.
The Wirral fish matches on Sundays so if they're out there might well be quite a few other small boats around for company.

Forecast I've seen this morning are for 9mph winds tomorrow and Sunday having 5mph winds and bright sunshine - so that's the one we're aiming for!

Sat 9th High Water 02:42am †8.67m - Low Water 09:27am †2.30m - High Water 15:09pm †8.76m Low Water 22:06pm †2.11m

Sun 10th HW 03:48am †8.22m †- 10:30am † 2.70m - HW 16:17pm †8.43m LW 23:16pm †2.35m

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Tim S

PostSubject: Weekend Fishing   November 8th 2013, 15:21

Just to let every one Martin & I will be fishing on Sunday, launching, 7-30am back about 14-30pm all wellcome. Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
les.clarke

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 8th 2013, 19:10

me and jay will see u there on sunday be nice to get out:D†Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 8th 2013, 19:27

We are out on sunday but probably stopping down river
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Bates

PostSubject: re; out this weekend   November 8th 2013, 19:36

Gary and I will be out this weekend on his boat Zippo.

In water for 7.30 and fishing 8-2pm.

Will see you if your out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petep

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 8th 2013, 19:51

Trying to get fred flintstone out to fish with pirate pete - don't know about 'no show robbo' though!!!

Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 8th 2013, 20:08

Hi Boys.. glad to see someone is organising a pleasure bash,,, thanks Martin, it saves me a job ( up to my neck in decorating at the moment ) I possibly will also be out on sunday but not on Kingfisher,, i will be a guest having a rest on another boat.... looking forward to it, that's is if can get all the decorating finished!,,,( by the way,, anyone know a good plasterer? i need one for a small kitchen ceiling that needs to be skimmed? ) cheers boys and thanks again to Martin for organising the outing cheers† keith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
les.clarke

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 9th 2013, 10:27

hi keith when do u wont it doing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 9th 2013, 11:15

Thanks to everyone for responding, lets hope we have a good day! †So far the forecast is still for light winds, so keep them fingers crossed
Has anyone heard from Mr Cookson at all?

Today's a nice day for checking everything before tomorrow so I'll be giving the engine, trailer, electrics, fuel etc the once over as it's been a while since they've been touched.

We'll probably be at the slip just after 7:00 with the intention of being underway around 7:30.

I looks like a reasonable turnout of around 6 boats - Shall we do a pool, £x per man, for the biggest cod and/or 3 biggest cod? Open to suggestions.

I don't know or can't remember all the boat names but those confirmed are.
JOSAM - Martin & Tim
ZIPPO - Gary & Steve
Blue Noze - Peter & Bernie
LJ - Lez & Jay
Don't know- Keith & ??
Storm Dancer - Dave & Ron

Any late comers can call us on Ch72/Ch16.

Cheers
Martin

Last edited by Martin on November 9th 2013, 16:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
les.clarke

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 9th 2013, 15:12

hi martin mine and jays boat is easy to remember its lj ...
all dun and dusted and ready to go can't wait lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 9th 2013, 16:30

Thanks Les, see you tomorrow.
I've remembered Dave and Ron's boat - Storm Dancer... It's my age! :-(
Back to top Go down
keith g

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 9th 2013, 19:19

Hi Martin and boys,, ok, see you all in the morning about 7.30am,,,, Wirral are out so beach will be busy,, take it easy and park trucks well..my suggestion would be biggest single cod between each boat,,, maybe a couple of quid or £5 per boat?,, its up to everyone who is fishing,,, wrap up well and lets get out and catch some fish! see you all the morning... tight lines,,, keith:king:†
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 11th 2013, 10:35

Alright Chaps,

Well there was a good turn out with everyone who was expected making an appearance.
Zippo was fishing in the Wirral match, so Josam, Blu Noze, Seeker and LJ had a £5 a boat pool for the biggest cod, which was duly won by Mr Keith Grey on Seeker. There was not a lot of cod caught in reality, we had one (2-3lb), Blu Noze had one (2-3lb)and Keith had two (3-4lb), which were obviously the two biggest as well - so well done that man!

We fished up past Pluckington Bank, out from Jag House with Blu Noze and Storm Dancer in close attendance. †The fishing was fairly constant, with dozens of good sized whiting and dabs landed and it was a cracking day to be out, with light winds and bright sunshine.
Further up river, where we were, the Mersey widens out so the tide is easily manageable with braid and light weights. I took two uptiders but further up river I could have gotten away with much lighter rods. So next time we're out, hopefully in a fortnight, I'll take a light 15lb class rod as well as the usual uptider and 12lb class braid downtider, †to try and cover all the options.

As I'd said, the Wirral had a match on Sunday, so it was like ASDA car park by the clock and we all ended up on the beach around 2:00pm, which looked a bit like Dunkirk at one point. There was a bit of a swell hitting the beach but everyone managed to recover their boats safely and without too much trouble.

Thanks to everyone for turning up and hopefully we'll be out again in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
petep

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 11th 2013, 12:10

well done Mart for the good report and the organising on the day Laughing

Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vinny j

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 11th 2013, 18:35

Glad you you all had a great time. Out on Wednesday myself from Liverpool marina on brigand 10 hrs hoping to catch some cod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 11th 2013, 19:10

Hi boys, thanks to all who attended , it was a good day, not many cod but lots of big whiting, big ones,,,,thanks to the boys for the £5 per boat,, it will come in handy lol,,,,Seeker came in a bit early as we knew with the Wirral coming in at 2pm, and the tide being way up the beach that it would be a BIT packed to say the least,, but everyone got back safe and sound and that's the most important thing,,, lesson to learn for all of us me thinks,,, check in future what time we come in and at what state of the tide,,,,,, great report from martin, a good Boat Captain me thinks for the future,( maybe next year? ),,,,, I thing the biggest on the WBAC match was just shy of 10lb, so a bit more cold weather and maybe our cod season is starting,,,,, thanks again to all who attended, and those that didn't missed a great day to be out on the water, and some good fishing to boot,,,, cheers boys, lets hope we get that sort of weather in 2 weeks time for our next league match,,,king†keith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   November 12th 2013, 08:59

Hi Keith, sorry for spelling your surname wrong btw1
I think we all agree, we've already got a very good Small Boat Captain in situ so no need for any changes there me thinks... but thanks for the reference anyway, but the pays not good enough! Laughing
Regarding the tide, I think we came in with plenty of time to spare, even after us retrieving our boats, having a good chat, helping one or two who were struggling a bit and watching some of the mayhem unfold there was still plenty of beach on which to land safely.

But your were right in predicting the beach being chocker at 2:00pm! That wouldn't be such a problem if people beached their boats while waiting for the trailers instead of struggling to control them in a swell - with 3 or 4 of them next to each other, it doesn't take much imagination to see a potentially serious accident waiting to happen.

Ok, it takes a bit more muscle but it's far safer to winch the boat from the waters edge.
In those conditions, you might get a bit of water coming over the stern when it's beached but at least no one can get hurt, the boat won't get damaged - and you don't have to semi-submerge the vehicle either.

Thanks again to everyone, looking forward to the next trip in a fortnights time.

Cheers
Martin

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out this weekend?   

Back to top Go down

Out this weekend?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1