HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
keith g

PostSubject: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 4th 2014, 18:24

Hi this weekend will be the last leg of the winter league and the Cod Cup also,,,, whatever day we can get out, we will fish both on the same day,,, , both days look dodgy now,, but it is only Tuesday,,, so lets see what the weather brings later in the week...
This will be my last match as dinghy captain and on the committee as I am standing down after this weekend,,,  king 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim S

PostSubject: Saturday & Sunday   March 4th 2014, 20:28

Keith, possible good news on the weekend we may get out Smile   But bad news on your giving up the Captains job and committee. Shocked 
 What else can we say, you will be very sadly missed, thanks for all your years looking out for us, and you advise. Tim Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 6th 2014, 11:32

Keith, many thanks for doing the captains job over the past years good job well done and many a good call made in difficult weather conditions, always "aired" on the side of safety for all the members involved ( it's a cruel sea )
Looking forward to a more relaxed boat with only fishing to be the worries

Colin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richie

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 7th 2014, 09:47

Keith,

It is a pity that you stepping down after doing such a great job over the years, thanks for keeping us all safe and sound, and all the advice dished out to us over the years which what it is all about. I am sure that whoever steps into your shoes that he can count on you for any advice etc when needed. Once again mate... thanks for all your help.

Cheers
Richie.

PS you can now enjoy the fishing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 7th 2014, 10:09

Just echoing the sentiments expressed by our fellow boat skippers and crew, excellent job well done for a number of years now and I'm sure whoever takes over, can rely upon you to offer your guidance and full support as required.

I'm sure it's not easy trying to organise outings when this crazy weather has put paid to so many dates that have been in the calendar for months, but I'm sure I speak for all, by saying we do appreciate your all efforts Keith. Well done mate and enjoy your "retirement"!

Martin
no kisses though! :-)

Last edited by Martin on March 7th 2014, 17:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
petep

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 7th 2014, 11:12

Ditto all of the above points , observations and praises - listen mate no-one better how much you've done for our club and you'll be sadly missed as small boat skipper/captain.
Just goes without saying that new blood has big boots to fill - mind you you only take a size 7???  lol! 

Hopefully we're out this weekend

speak after 7 2night

Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 7th 2014, 17:10

At the moment Sunday's looking the fairer day, so that's the one we're plumbing for!
- plus the blues are on telly tomorrow COYB! and Tim's having a Barbie and so has probably already started necking the old vodka and cokes!

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 7th 2014, 18:41

sorry boys,, Saturday is off, but sunday does look ok so far, so if we fish sunday it will be last of the winter league plus the cod cup,,,, will post again tomorrow,,,,, thanks for the thanks boys, most appreciated,,, keith king 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: sunday 9th march   March 8th 2014, 18:53

Hi Boys...tomorrow is......................ON .....................
fishing the last of the Winter league and the Cod Cup at the same time,,,,, things couldn't be closer if you tried! positions going in to the last Winter League Match are;
Hunter 2 = 22 Points, Josam = 22 Points, Blu Noze = 18 Points,Jedi = 16 Points, Sea Raider = 12 Points ,Kingfisher= 11 Points.
so its all to play for at the final match of the season,, ,remember 3 insize cod and 3 insize whiting at the scales,,,,, as its so close ALL FISH will be carefully measured and weighed so there can be no doubt who the winner will be,,,, PLUS also remember its the Biggest single Cod that will win the glorious Cod Cup trophy,,,, so lets be early tomorrow boys as if you are not in the water by 8am,,,, tough! the match will start without you....
Can we all help each other in and out tomorrow please as it will quicker that way to get in and out of the water,,,don't forget your Lifejacket or Floatation Suit,,, anyone without one and their boat will be Banned from the match,,,,
see you all in the morning lads,,, lets have a safe one please,,, thanks keith king 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim S

PostSubject: Sunday fishing   March 8th 2014, 19:10

Great news Keith, Josam will be there, Tim & Martin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vinny j

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 10th 2014, 11:54

Great to hear you got out yesterday lads how did the fishing go. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: last leg winter league and Cod Cup   March 10th 2014, 16:25

Hi,, finally we got a break and were able to fish!!!!,,, six boats took part, Jedi, Sea Raider, Zippo ,Josam, Blu Noze and Kingfisher,, All in the water for 7,50 am,,, nice calm day, a bit cool at first but when the sun came out it was quite warm,,  Various places fished, clocktower, egg bouy, pluckington bank, etc,, fishing was slow with not many fish which was a bit surprising,,, fish caught were whiting, dabs, codling, a nice 10.5lb skate for Roger Carter  , a good fish at any time....lots of other small boats and charter boats all fishing the usual spots,,,, back on the beach for 2pm,,, I got my landy well and truly stuck on an incoming tide,,, thanks to all the lads who helped me unhitch the trailer then re wind the boat back on,, cheers boys, greatly appreciated,,, Results for the day were;
1st  Josam total 7lb 6oz, 2nd Zippo with 7lb 5ozs and 3rd Kingfisher with 6lb dead,,,,, the other 3 boats failed to weigh in..
Results for winter league are as follows;
1st Josam with  34 points. 2nd Hunter 2= 22 points..3rd Kingfisher 21 points, 4th Blu Noze 18 points , 5th Jedi 16 points,  6th Sea Raider 12 points and 7th Zippo with 11 points.  Well done to Martin & Tim, you both deserved it with some good results this  season..
The Cod Cup was won by Andy Robinson fishing on Kingfisher with a cod of 3lb 10ozs, well done Andy..
Thanks to everyone who took part this year, much appreciated,, very exciting that it went down to the last match to be decided on the winner and it will be nice too see some new names on the trophies...
Special thanks to Colin Cooke for all his help and advice over the last few years,, cheers col,,,, , tight lines boys king Keith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petep

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 11th 2014, 16:35

firstly just like to add well done to Josam crew Martin and Tim - deserved winners of the winter league I think all will agree, plus new names on the cup,
and secondly to Andy Robinson for his well deserved Cod cup win - well done 'Robbo'

Good and close end to a very frustrating winter dinghy season

Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Bates

PostSubject: last of the winter league and cod cup   March 13th 2014, 08:22

Congratulations to Josam- Martin and Tim for winning the winter league

Bet that was better Tim than shopping or having a Barby.

Well done Andy for winning the Cod Cup- must make up a little bit for
the lack of fishing due to the weather.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank Keith for his work as Boat Captain.
We have had such terrible weather and it has made his job almost impossible.
We all want to go fishing but safety first is paramount.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
richie

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 13th 2014, 09:54

Well done to the Josam boys.... nice to see a bit of competion...... nice to six boats out as well.

Well done Andy for winning the Cod Cup.

And finally... just to echo all the comments about Keith.... thanks keith for all your hard work as boat captain and for the advice and support over the years, it has been very much appreciated by me and I am sure by others as well.

Cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 13th 2014, 19:09

Congrats to Josam on winning the winter league hopefully the weather improves for the summer league and more matches are fished

Colin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim S

PostSubject: winter league   March 13th 2014, 21:30

Thanks boys for all your replies, yes Steve better than a barby ? but a lot harder. It was all down to the last cast,
as we all know, fish to the end dont give up, thanks go to Martin for the good spot as usuall,
Again great job by Keith with all the very bad weather we have had, hard job at the best of times.
Cheers to all and thanks. Tim.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 14th 2014, 11:59

Firstly I'd like to thank my background team, my fabulous publicist, agent and make-up artist... oh sorry scratch that, wrong speech :-)

Cheers boys for all your kind words and of course a special Thank You goes out to Tim, for making me look so good lol! 
It was a great day to be out on the river and can't wait for the next outing, whenever that might be.
We might be out tomorrow for a pleasure bash, depending on the weather (wind/fog) and BBQ situation with me mate!

Thanks again boys, it's good to get out but catching fish is a bonus, it's just nice to get out and have some laughs.

Thanks again to Keith for doing a brilliant Captain's job for the past however many years, well done mate!
Back to top Go down
Martin

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   March 14th 2014, 15:08

The weather's not playing ball again so we won't be having a pleasure bash this weekend after all.
Anyone up fancy getting out next weekend?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014   

Back to top Go down

last of the winter league and cod cup sat/sun 8th & 9th march 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1