HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

fishing this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
keith g

PostSubject: fishing this weekend   December 4th 2008, 07:14

Martin and tim (josam) will be fishing from new brighton on SATURDAY 6TH DECEMBER FOR A PLEASURE BASH WEATHER PERMITTING.
They are going to launch at 8 am and anyone who would like to go please be there abot 7.40am Very Happy

Me and colin (simply White) will hopefully be fishing Sunday at Wirral Small Boat Open.....again weather permitting.....great comp with the biggest single cod taking first prize of 1000.00.......hopefully the man upstairs will be kind to us for a change and maybe some of us can actually get out fishing for a change!!!!!!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 4th 2008, 18:51

good luck with the comp Keith,hope you get out . Me dad and mark are doing the nwasac 2 day open at otterspool, hoping for a decent peg and a few fish, Havent fished for the last couple of weeks getting withdrawal symptoms!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark a

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 4th 2008, 18:58

reports from wsf site, cod to 8lb caught in river either the tower or seaforth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: mark and les   December 4th 2008, 19:32

lets hope mark and les do well,,best wishes to both of them.......Ste,,,u must be gagging by now,,, i just hope we can all get out and actually do some fishing santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Fishing this weekend   December 5th 2008, 11:21

Don't want to put the mockers on our chances of getting out at the weekend but at the moment the weathers looking like it's gonna be pretty damn good.
To all you lads fishing Sunday in the WSB comp, apologies now for emptying the Mersey in advance. - Oh well that's another blank guaranteed for us then!
Good luck to everyone fishing over the weekend.

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 5th 2008, 17:31

martin
best of luck for tomorrow,let me know what time u r coming in as i might come over to meet you rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 5th 2008, 20:47

Alright Keith, we'll be coming back in around 3:30pm as I've got 5-a-side at teatime. Tim's been called into work in the morning but he thinks he'll be launching for 9:30 - 10 ish.
Back to top Go down
Martin

PostSubject: Scores on the doors   December 7th 2008, 21:27

Turned out to be a brilliant day with fantastic weather for early December, just a pity the fishing wasn't better though.
Ended up with 3 keepers, I had a 6lb and 2lb codling and Tim had a 51/2lb'er. All off the rocks.
Back to top Go down
keith g

PostSubject: wirral small boat match   December 8th 2008, 07:16

martin.you are going to be sick,,,,,why did you not fish sunday? or are you ebeneezer scrooge? you may wish you did after this;

2 sefton boats fished,me and colin dreaves on Simply White and richie mcgibbon (fairly new member )and his mate pete plaskett on their boat lol Marie...freezing cold and i mean freezing,we had to put the worms in the sun to defrost!,minus 5 at 6am....load of good whiting,i had 1 1.5lb 40 cms long and big dabs,but we had no codling, however,,,pete plaskett had one 6lb 4oz and CAME SECOND OVERALL!!! he won 325 plus some table prizes........the winner came from blackpool and wieghed in an 8lb cod.......both boats had NEVER FISHED THIS COMP BEFORE... so to those who didint want to spend the dosh on this well organised comp... lol!

as a footnote..anyone who does not have a pass for New Brighton, a day pass is now 17.50......

Martin,,,,,bet you wished you anf tim had fished it now,,,that could have been you picking up second prize!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 8th 2008, 11:09

Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.. - I don't need anymore money anyway! Laughing

Of course there's no guarantee we'd have caught those fish on a different day/time but it was just nice to get out for what must be the first time this year without any engine mishaps. We were using old bait (black lug and squid) that's been in the freezer since last winter - so not having the best bait doesn't necessarily mean won't catch, drop it in the right place and fish aren't fussy - if you can get fresh stuff so much the better of course.

We're out again in a fortnight (21st Dec) aren't we? Hopefully see you then.

Martin
Back to top Go down
Martin

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 8th 2008, 11:19

PS...Barh Humbug!! [b] :-)
Back to top Go down
keith g

PostSubject: wirral small boats match   December 8th 2008, 17:13

martin
thats all they had,,old frozen black and squid, bounce Twisted Evil ,,,we had no fresh either!!!!!
as you say,,was just nice to get out.......

yes our next one is Sat 20th or Sunday 21st..december ..leg 3 of league match plus Cod Cup for biggest single cod of the day......(the league match is still 3 cod and 3 whiting for heaviest bag)
will you be fishing either of these? hope so......more the merrier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   December 8th 2008, 21:02

Yes, I certainly hope to make it and providing my oppo Tim can get a note off his missus we should be ok for that one. Pity there wasn't too many cod around yesterday mate hopefully things will improve over the next few weeks. See you in a fortnight.
Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fishing this weekend   Today at 02:16

Back to top Go down

fishing this weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1