HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

Bait digging/collecting session

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Martin

PostSubject: Bait digging/collecting session   March 25th 2009, 16:59

I've always found the March/April a bit hit and miss as far a fishing goes with not much really happening.
I guess this is mostly due to the summer species not yet arriving and the winter species being thin on the ground - or pretty much none existant as it is this year! Also the plaice have or will be spawning around this time so on conservation grounds feel tight catching them.

Anyway if I'm not fishing I'm planning to do a bit of walking in the Welsh mountains of a weekend and was thinking of other good cardio- vascular excise I could do to get fit...errmm I know I should just keep it at the thinking stage maybe??.. but it's been a long time since I dug bait and have never pumped it so wouldn't mind giving it a go. I can remember as a kid finding the bait collecting almost as enjoyable as the fishing - possibly due to the fact I was just spotting and picking the worms up rather than the one using the spade!!!

I was wondering whether we could orgainise something within the club so us spoilt softie small boat types could accompany some of the clubs finer exponents in the art of bait collecting on sortie sometime?

Obviously fresh bait is the dogs danglies and not always available in the tackle shop so although we might not use the bait ourselves on our initial sorties, we'd (I'd) get an good idea of where and when to go - and how hard it is!

Just a thought?

Cheers
Martin

PS. I bagsie spotting and picking duties! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

PostSubject: bait digging   March 26th 2009, 07:47

Martin
fully agree so count me IN ON THIS ONE...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin

PostSubject: Re: Bait digging/collecting session   March 26th 2009, 09:09

Cheers Keith, lets hope it picks up and we can get something sorted.
We used to dig (me pick up) on holidays in Anglesey (4mile bridge for blow/rag and Holyhead harbour for king Rag) and it was so easy in those days,like shelling peas, we'd fill buckets of the stuff.

Black lug is a different ball game of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bait digging/collecting session   

Back to top Go down

Bait digging/collecting session
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1