HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

fort perch rock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b5rny

PostSubject: fort perch rock   October 16th 2009, 13:04

i joined all the other penguins on the beach yesterday 15/10 , lovely afternoon and loads of us about , mainly small whiting and doggies and best bait was mackeral, I used frozen lug and squid and caught but not as many. It was a shame to see so many whiting drifting by on the tide.
went to Dales in Prescot Road yesterday and the Calamari is only 1.69 a box also they sell packs of mackeral cheaper than tackle shops , has anyone tried their soft crab they also sell in a box it is about 14.00 for 2kg ,if it works it could be fantastic. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fort perch rock   October 17th 2009, 20:20

have not tried there crab mate but i bet its same stuff as was marketed a few years ago as swimming crab. Rubbish. Get proper peeler instead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b5rny

PostSubject: dales supermarket   October 18th 2009, 12:20

yes they were about the size of a large greenback crab ,they just liiked the part mate, i think th e mackeral were worth the value ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daba

PostSubject: Re: fort perch rock   October 18th 2009, 13:05

Barney,Dales also do larger packs of squid for around 3.70,they also have other weird and wonderful stuff,no harm in trying some of it,but not at 14.00 a throw ,unless a few are willing to share the cost. Very Happy
I have used the Mackeral from Dales,again around 6.70 per pack ( some size these Mackeral as well !!!!!) ,when I have run out of my own supply,and to be honest,it was just as good as the mackereal I had off the boat,doesnt fall apart when hard casting.Again it pays to check it before buying,that also goes for the squid etc. Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b5rny

PostSubject: fort perch rock   October 18th 2009, 13:40

it cost 3.00 for two small Ammo mackeral so you save by buying there packs ,just by the size of them...anyway enough of supermarket dash lol! Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fort perch rock   

Back to top Go down

fort perch rock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1