HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

POLSAF Fur & Feather Comp.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimbob

PostSubject: polsaf fur&feather   January 19th 2010, 09:55

can anyone give times for polsaf f&f sunday as i was working and unable to attend meeting monday 18th jan
would be grateful for any info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aquarius

PostSubject: POLSAF Fur & Feather Comp.   January 6th 2010, 16:11

Hi everyone
Firstly, my apologies to Ste Trish, Mark Allanson, et al, for not replying to their last postings. This is the first time I've actually visited the site since Christmas, and we've had a club meeting since then but I hadn't seen your posts, sorry feller's I'm not a great website Kite! So, that said, to get down to the purpose of this posting.

As everyone knows, our Fur & Feather comp is due to be fished this coming weekend, 9th / 10th Jan 2010; however, John Rawlinson and I have been looking at the weather conditions and the forecast, for the next week or so; and we have, reluctantly, decided to postpone the competition until the 23rd / 24th Jan, which are the next suitable tides. The conditions down on the wall would be too dangerous for a safe competition, and the weather forcast and the mean temperature, for at least the next week or so, is for possibly more snow, and below freezing temperatures, which will make for an even more treacherous surface.

The rationale behind the decision is that, when maiking a cast, the energy from your body is transmitted right down to your feet, and you can imagine what might occur at the top of your cast, when standing on a sheet of ice! The lucky one's might fall on their arse's, which would be bad enough, but the unlucky one's might slip over the edge, and finish up in the river. Fishing further south, upriver, might just be safer; however, we can't get everyone into the area where the wall is in front of you when you're fishing. Even so, there is still a danger of members slipping on the treacherous icy surfaces behind the wall and falling backwards on to the roadway behind. Sorry about this, but it's just common sense.

I'd be grateful if you would all pass the word around as not everyone has a computer, and some of the lad's might not have access to this forum. Thanks for your help in this, and we'll keep you advised if there are any further changes.

Best
Ian McKay
Back to top Go down
View user profile

POLSAF Fur & Feather Comp.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1