HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

Preveiw of Bromborough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste trish

PostSubject: Preveiw of Bromborough   June 4th 2010, 20:27

Hello all. Here's a preveiw of Bromborough where we are fishing on tuesday ,8th of june. For those who are are interested its a penn clubmans match, for those who aren't its a good chance to catch some quality flounder, eels whiting and SOLE. First of all the venue. Get onto the A41, New chester road and head to bromborough, turn right just before the kids playground and head towards the river (sorry not sure of the name of the road). If you see a big white gate with a track leading away from it your in the right place.. You are fishing off a concrete dock wall which is a bit overgrown with vegetation. Be very careful of the steel hoops sticking out of the wall, easy to trip on them. Right, down to the nitty gritty, how does it fish. Recent reports suggest some excellent fishing in store. Main species are flounders and eel altough over high water sizeable whiting are coming in. It may be a little bit early for sole, but the hot weather is on our side. The odd ray can also show at High water for the biggger casters. At the start of the match the fish will be out anywhere from 40 to 100 yards. It will go dead all of a sudden and that is the time to drop right down the wall. This is deffinitely the tactic for the sole but also excellent for the flounders and eel. The whiting will show an hour either side of high when the tide eases. Also the time for rays. Rigs. I use a standard 1 up 1 down with size 2 hooks and 2 foot snoods. for the sole down the wall i use a boat boom with a flowing trace( i will show these at the club on Monday) Small hooks are essential for the sole. Baits. Flounder and eels will take crab, Blow lug,rag and tip with mackerel for flounders. Sole will take black lug blow lug, rag, maddies or crab but i would use worm first choice. Rays will take crab worm squid or fish cocktails, whiting any baits tipped with fish. hope this helps anyone who hasnt fished here before. Tight lines. Ste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Preveiw of Bromborough   June 4th 2010, 20:31

Forgot, Meet at 6- 6.30 fish 7 -10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Preveiw of Bromborough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: Beach Fishing :: Experiences on the Beach Front-