HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

Columbus quay Sun 22nd August

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste trish

PostSubject: Columbus quay Sun 22nd August   August 24th 2010, 21:36

Steven Jnr had been asking for some time when he was coming fishing with me again. His last outing was the Alt back in March. We decided on the above venue for two reasons 1. its safe 2 if you have peeler, you are virtually guaranteed to catch eels. ( not to everyones taste but they do pull back a bit1) WE set up right on the corner and grandad Les joined us and set up by the steps. I set Steven up with a cut down uptider fixed spool light line, 1up 1down rig with size 4 fine wire hooks and a4oz grip lead. on each hook went a quarter of a crab. We flicked this out 20 yards and i started to set my own rod up. Dad! Dad! i'v e got a bite! .... only been in the water 2 minutes! Out came a double shot of good eels! Job done! Cast out again for him and again... another eel straight away. It was like this for the first hour ! I evenyually got my rod set up and cast out and started catching a few myself> it fished well till high water then died on the ebb. Between the 3 of us we had 34 fish. mostly eels and small whiting but Steven had a lovely flounder about a pound. He Beat me!. All in all a great little session and made all the better by the company!

P.s Do those sailing boats really have to come within 30 yards of the promanade? Total lack of regard to anglers or just no common sense? You decide!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Columbus quay Sun 22nd August   August 24th 2010, 23:30

hi steve, nice report good to see the young ones catching,the sailing boats are probaly close in to get the depest water when we leave the marina if you go to far out before turning to go down river you could easily bottom out then again you get the anglers fishing right at the side of the lock casting right in front of you making it hard to manover and they are only fishing in 5 feet of water it works both ways
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Columbus quay Sun 22nd August   August 25th 2010, 21:30

Dave ,i was half a mile away from the marina gates, the sailing boats came from across the river, and turned right in front of us approx 30 yards off the promanade. The anglers fishing by the marina gates deserve to get there lines snapped if they dont reel in as boats go past; thats common sense, but for the yatch skipppers surely they could turn 100 yards further down from the anglers to avoid the lines. Are they really that un-educated/ arrogant ? I,ve had it at perch rock too. 10 yards out they were and there was a club match going on. C**ts! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Columbus quay Sun 22nd August   August 25th 2010, 22:24

Steve some people are made that way like the jet skies we have had them come across from seaforth rocks into the rock channel do a full circle round the boat then go back the way they came just cant figure some people out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbus quay Sun 22nd August   

Back to top Go down

Columbus quay Sun 22nd August
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1