HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

PLEASE BE AWARE RAYS CARRYING YOUNGS 29 03 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JAGS

PostSubject: PLEASE BE AWARE RAYS CARRYING YOUNGS 29 03 2011   March 30th 2011, 13:06

HI ALL

whist out fishing for rays yesterday .there were a few caught and the females are showing in numbers
i would just like to give the heads up to all anglers fishing the wall marks. that we came across one female
with an egg sack /purse protruding ready to give birth so to speak . ive never seen this before so a very quick photo
and returnd safely .

i hope you can just see the purse . so if you do catch a preggy female please keep an eye out and be very carefull
with the handling and returning to eliminate stress on the ray . i know we carnt stop rays taking the bait
sods law i suppose . the only sure way of returning these females from walls was either drop net a bit tricky or
a bungie hooked into the mouth and lowerd by a rope and released this was all that was available at the time and worked
perfect . unless you know of another good method you could pass on please let us all know

thanks for reading tight lines jags
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PLEASE BE AWARE RAYS CARRYING YOUNGS 29 03 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1