HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie316

PostSubject: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   June 16th 2011, 21:00

Four boats and twelve anglers set off from douglas harbour in a race to get to their favorite spots in laxey bay in the 1st of our two rays comps for this year.The weather was warm although there was a strong breeze and the state of sea was slightly choppy .however we all got to our marks and started to fish for bait before the official start time of 6pm . Plenty of mackie were caught and on the stroke of 6pm big baits were hurtling to the ocean floor .
With all boats putting their anchors down it was felt that this might be a tough comp to win .Corrie "c" was in a slight bit of trouble when there anchor did not hold the 1st time but this was soon rectified ,it was then my own boat Bones whose anchor slipped and i failed to set it for the rest of the night although the 1st drift produced a thornback ray for cameron which was his 1st ever one. Corrie "c"'s skip Dave Christian also pulled up his 1st ever thorny,whilst wicked hens Peter Moore pulled in his 1st ever spotted ray which we wieghed in at just on 2lb.

Merit 1 not one to be left out also caught a ray and so did the W/hens Steve Quilliam having his 1st outing since selling his own boat Sherolyn 11.One of Merit 1's crew had so it was obserbed been quite busy dealing with several birds nests ,quite how you get them on a boat i don't know ,but in recent weeks Micheal Cowin is not the only one eh Gary .

I between the dreaded waiting game Cam and i managed to catch between us grey gurnards ,whiting doggies and more mackie which in the end were a Bl**dy nuisance .Time up and the race was on to get back for the wiegh-in and to see who had got what or not .

Back on dry land i got the scales out and we recorded that Pete Moores spotted ray was 2lb , Merit 1 saw the size of one of the thorny's and did not wiegh there fish in ,Steve Quilliam wieghed his fish in off the Wicked Hen and that tipped the scales at 4lb.11.25ozsto take third place .

Corrie "c"'s skip Dave Christian put his thorny on the scales and it wieghed -in at 8lb.14.125ozs ,this left Bones crewman Cameron Sayle to put his thorny on the scales and this wieghed in at 9lb.11.75ozs.

I would like to say weldone to the three anglers who broke their ducks last night and a big thanks to all that turned up and although conditions were not perfect the comp was full of good humour our normal ammount of p*ss taking by all . The next mid-week comp is on the 13th july fishing 6pm til 10pm and is another ray comp but in the Douglas area ,entry fee is 5 per head and all boats and anglers will be made most welcome ,book in at 5pm .
I am sorry that i have no pictures .but Cam has tried to e-mail them to me and i for some reason am having trouble recieving them .If i get round this i will of course edit them into the report .

RESULTS OF THE 2011 1ST RAY COMP:

1ST ) CAMERON SAYLE 9LB .11.75 OZS FISHING ON "BONES"

2ND) DAVID CHRISTIAN 8LB.14.125 OZS FISHING ON CORRIE "C".

3RD) STEVE QUILLIAM 4LB.11.25 OZS FISHING ON WICKED HEN.

JAMIE316.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com
Dave

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   June 16th 2011, 21:12

nice report jamie keep them coming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   June 17th 2011, 19:28

Nice rays and good report, keep them coming
Back to top Go down