HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Share | 

Top 30 match

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste trish

PostSubject: Top 30 match   January 15th 2012, 22:01

5 members qualified to fish the NWASAC top30 final , this year held at otterspool . Unfortunatly Pete Harrison couldnt make it due to illness in family. So Mark Allanson, Ben Harrison Les and myself went to otterspool and got fishing. 27 turned up with a few not being able to make it. We were armed with various baits but on the day fresh peeler made all the difference. Big thank you to mark for getting some for Les and myself. Dad and Mark were into fish straight away. I had a 2 pounder on my first cast, but went quiet after that. It was patchy and i think most of the fish came to crab baits, with the odd one coming to worm/ shellfish. We had mixed fortunes on the day but 2 members got in the money. Mark did best with 10 fish for 256 and came 4th . To top it off he also got the biggest flat and took home 126, Dad finished 6th and got 80 with10 fish for 250cm. I was down the field with 4 codling for144cm including 2 at 44cm , about 2 pound each. Ben struggled with not having fresh peeler and unfortunatly blanked on the notoriously peggy venue, as did a few anglers today. winner was local legend John Waugh who put his draw on the end peg to full advantage taking 17 fish for 479cm .2nd was england youth international Mike Brookes with 12 fish for 324cm and 3rd was local tackle dealer and match ace Joe Perry with 276cm. Biggest fish in the match was mike Brookes cod of 54cm Weighin in at 4-1-0. Mike Roberts, who is boat partners with sea anglers contributer, Gordon Thornes, was fishing further down and bagged a cracking cod of 8-3-0 on straight Black lug Codling whiting flounder rockling were caught and Mark caught a sea scorpion that was like a small football! Well done Lads. Cheers, Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 16th 2012, 10:11

nice report steve, it looks like the cod are still there i was wondering after saturday , must have been the south east wind and crap in the water that put them down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keith g

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 16th 2012, 13:11

well done again ste to all the members who qualified and fished,,looks like it was a bit peggy? but still some cracking fish landed,, well done again to all.. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 16th 2012, 20:18

Cheers Lads. Dave i reckon the cod are still there but have maybe switched what they are feeding on. I wont be fishing any of the cod marks without some crab with me from now on. Certainly seems to get the numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 16th 2012, 20:58

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes gary flyn who owns discovery (the white cat) is out on thursday on a charter he will give me an update i still think its the s.east winds but a supply of peeler would be nice Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 16th 2012, 23:02

Cost us a fortune mate, come up from devon. Still a few peeling in the mersey but this frost might put an end to that. Think the cod will start thinning out over the next few weeks and we will be left with the dabs, flounders and rockling. a big challenge to get more than half a dozen fish a session then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benh

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 17th 2012, 18:30

Only bait worth using in that match was fresh crab, i had really top quality frozen crab from when we took les to the crab spot and collected loads, and i didnt even get a sniff. Its a funny venue otterspool, fresh crab is a must, but its just if you can get hold of it or know someone that can get it for you at this time of year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 17th 2012, 22:03

Hard match Ben, and with the whiting gone and the codling being choosey about what they are eating Rolling Eyes made it harder than norma. l Well done to mark and my old fella tho' for taking some of the prizes. Will try and sort them weights out for you over the next couple of weekends
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benh

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   January 18th 2012, 12:25

Ye they did well. And was Gunna ask you about them weight at weekend but forgot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 30 match   

Back to top Go down

Top 30 match
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1